Friday 8 November 2013

The Most Blessed People on the Earth!


We really do believe that we are the very most blessed people on the whole entire planet. Everyday just gets better and better.
Yesterday, I (Lorenda of course) had an amazing day. I was meant to be working on a first aid manual for a course I was teaching today. One can only sit in an office for so long before you decide to look for another option. Hmmm, what to do- I know, I’ll go see my “boyfriend”. Before anyone starts to get concerned about it, let me tell you that he is the cutest little two year old on the whole continent!
Normally, he is running around the babies’ home and causing trouble wherever he goes. As soon as I arrived, I scooped him up and he sat on my knee for two whole hours and at one point he even fell asleep in my arms. No one could believe that he could possibly sit still for that long, but he is my boy and he will sit and cuddle with me! It gave me a chance to visit with my dear friend and favourite nanny, Florence. We had not had a chance to sit and talk for a long time- what a huge blessing. Cuddling my favourite boy and chatting with one of the most amazing people I have ever met- my life is so great!
How can it get any better you ask? Well, we are friends with one of the leaders for Watoto Choir number 65 which will be touring across Canada starting in January. He asked us a few days ago if the choir could perform for us. We arrived thinking that they were going to sing one song for us and we would be on our way. WOW were we wrong!
This was an anniversary present that they had prepared for us. The children had rehearsed their welcome for us and an anniversary greeting for us. THEN they did the entire choir performance JUST FOR US. To say that this was a tremendous blessing doesn’t even come close. It was an absolutely overwhelming, huge privilege to be honored by these beautiful young people. Of course, we both sat there crying through the entire performance knowing that we are the most blessed people on the planet. How many of you have ever had your own private show from this amazing children’s choir? We are blessed, we are blessed, we are blessed.
And as if that wasn’t enough, we had a “hug break” part way through where we got to hug all of the children and another hug session at the end- more, more, more hugs.
They are so excited to know that they will be coming to our church and they will get to see us in our country. We may need to buy a lot more beds when we get home so that we will have room to keep the whole choir at our house! They are my kids and I don’t want to share them with any of you!

There are no words!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! So much blessing, indeed! Thank you for sharing this joyful celebration & gift with us...and the picture of the group surrounding you & Greg is priceless! Look forward to the choir when they come to Regina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even put into words what a blessing it was! We felt like we were the king and queen of the world. Blessed and humbled- the theme of our time here. Maybe I will write a book and that will be the title (just joking of course- I am not a writer!)

      Delete
  2. WOW, what an amazing gift from those beautiful children. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so incredible. I can't even put it into words!

      Delete