Monday 5 August 2013

Rainy Season is Back


For some weeks now, we have been looking forward to rainy season. The rain helps to settle the dust and the other various particles that like to hang in the air. The rain makes house cleaning much simpler- one does not have to wipe the counter tops three times a day. The rain makes it much easier to breathe. The rain makes the view from our apartment much more appealing as we can actually see across to the other hills instead of just seeing haze. I am really glad for rainy season- although, this morning when I was walking from the guesthouse and the first really hard rain of the season opened up on me, I wasn’t quite so in love with rainy season.
The best part of rainy season is that now all the crops will grow. Our Ugandan friends have been busy planting their crops and now the rains will help them to grow. Crops that will provide food for families or will be sold at market to provide money for school fees or clothes. I love rainy season, but my reasons for loving rainy season seem very frivolous when we compare them to the reasons my Ugandan friends have.

No comments:

Post a Comment